I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:06 am

Well done Tracey.

What an achievement! Your photos are also fantastic.

Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:38 am

Thanks so much everyone! It took me seeing Magda doing it for me to even think about it lol! If she can then I can, and Oprah for that matter lol. I highly recommend it. The exhileration feeling just stays with you for ages! (So do the sore calf muscles but thats another story lol)

Paity10 wrote:
OMG - 1400 steps thats amazing!!!!!! What's next... Sky Diving?

That WILL NOT happen lol! I like to have something solid under my toes! We hit the worst Turbulence ever on the plane on the way home on monday night. I actually kissed my rear end goodbye I was that scared! People were screaming. The lady next to me offered me her hand to hold! lol
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

And you look ecstatic ....... well done, great achievement. And Perthjo is right, now you need to set another challenge.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

WTG Tracey!!!!!!! You set a goal and achieved it!!!!
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

Well done Trace on reaching all those 1400 steps. I feel puffed just thinking about it.

Great photos and keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

yay Tracey... well done you!
xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Way to go!

Its great that you have set yrself goals. I had one, to lose weight for my daughters wedding. that has passed and now I feel i've lost my oomph...I need to set myself some more mini goals.

well done!
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

OMG - 1400 steps thats amazing!!!!!! What's next... Sky Diving?
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

good work...blooooody hell 1400 steps!!??
way to go...love the pic
u must feel 'on top of the world'...pun intended

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

You go Girl! Next week...BUNGEE JUMPING!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:01 am

Wow Tracey that is an amazing achievement!!!

The view is absolutely breathtaking, thanks for sharing the pics
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

1400 steps and id just like to say
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 3:46 am

I did it! I did it!

And it was the most amazing experience EVER!

I highly recommend if you have ever considered it or even not considered it (like I hadn't!) then you have to do it! I can't praise the staff enough. I can't praise the entire experience enough.

I climbed it with a breeze, all the training definately helped. And of course so did the almost 40kg weight loss!
You wear all this equipment that I am sure put 30kg back on me lol. But nothing as far as your safety goes over looked. Everything is thought of.

I cried when I reached the top, the realisation of who I have become and what I went through to get here was just so overwhelming. I am just so proud of the achievement.

The views were absolutely incredible.

My calf muscles have been sore for 3 days now though lol. ON the way down I ended up getting the shakes really bad which apparantly was caused by lactic acid. That took a while to stop.

There are 1400 steps you climb and they were all a breeze! I wasn't puffed or anything. I felt amazing and so alive!
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

shelly25 wrote:
excellent!! what an achievement
(ps maybe you can hang a GSS banner on the bridge!! and end up on the evening news getting carted away by the police!!)

have a great day and let us know how it goes
shelly

bahahaha!

Thanks everyone, I am just so super excited.
Bit worried as today I have come down with Gastro so getting stuck onto the Gastro stop. This is all I need! :(
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:22 am

What a fantastic goal .... and you will have achieved it soon in great style. and looking good.
Well done
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:51 am

excellent!! what an achievement
(ps maybe you can hang a GSS banner on the bridge!! and end up on the evening news getting carted away by the police!!)

have a great day and let us know how it goes
shelly
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

Hi'

I walked to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge last year with my 10yr old son after losing 70kg with the sleeve it was awesome..

Enjoy its breathtaking..

xx
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:04 am

My goal was to climb the Story Bridge in Brisbane for my 30th. I still haven't done it. I am so going to!!! One day After my op, about 5 or 6 months I did a 5klm walk. I nearly died. My goal is to do it again this year but to runa bit of it, I downloaded the couch to 5klm program, now I just have to do it!
Back to top Go down
RozzieT

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:39 am

How awesome TraceyD!
You must give us an update afterwards to tell us how it went!
The harbour bridge climb is one of my goals to go as well ... just not sure where to fit it in with all my other goals at the moment!

Good luck and best wishes!
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:05 am

Tracey - GOODLUCK!!!! You have to let us know how it goes. Good on you... I've made one goal before Christmas and that is also to climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge... I just have to convince the hubby to join me although, i will do it with him or without him!!!!

Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:37 am

I love my sleeve! Best decision I ever made!
I am doing things now I never would have even considered before..

On saturday I am doing the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb with my best friend. I saw Magda Szubanksi (sp) do the climb a few months ago, she has lost about the same amount of weight as me at the time. I thought, I am going to Sydney soon, and if she can do it, I can do it!
So when I won the yummy mummy competition I knew straight away what I was going to do with the money.

I am just so excited. I have been doing a little bit of training at the gym, just long hauls on the stepper, just to try to get my body familiar with the pain lol.

I never ever before even thought about doing it, no reason other than, just never crossed my mind. I am so glad I am getting the chance to do it now.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by TraceyD on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added   

Back to top Go down

I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - photo added
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: