Share | 

No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hogan Mawr

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: Re: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   Sat 15 Jul 2017, 8:57 am

Hi. I'm now 2 weeks post op and started to lose again. I didn't lose much the second week of optifast or the week after the surgery. Like you said, your body goes into survival mode and holds onto whatever it can. Was gutted though. It's started moving again so I'm happy. Took some before and after pics, 3 weeks apart, and the difference in my face is great. Although I don't see it looking in the mirror yet, it shows in pictures.
Back to top Go down
Lisabee

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-06-08

PostSubject: Re: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   Fri 14 Jul 2017, 3:53 am

Thanks Groovy :)

You are totally right. I guess I'm just super impatient to lose this horrid weight I've been carrying around for the past 7 years! Also, losing more kg makes pre-op diet far more palatable! lol Day 7 Opti and I'm losing my will to live! lol just kidding. Surgery scheduled for next Friday 21st - I'm so excited my journey is beginning - I've been waiting a year for surgery so now its so close its starting to get real!
Back to top Go down
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   Thu 13 Jul 2017, 2:51 am

There is a limit to how much weight your body can lose in a short space of time. Initial losses are always mostly water, after which your body tries to protect itself by a variety of means. Don't worry about not losing enough, the pre-op diet is all about shrinking your liver enough so the surgeon has access to your stomach. I only lost 5kg on my two week diet, surgeon was happy and said my liver was perfect :)
Back to top Go down
Lisabee

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-06-08

PostSubject: Re: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   Wed 12 Jul 2017, 11:21 am

Hi Hogan Mawr

How did you end up going? Did you start to lose again? I'm having the same problem. I lost 4kg in the first 4 days of pre-op diet and have now plateued :( Fingers crossed it will only last a couple of days and I will start losing again!

Have you had your surgery yet? Im booked in for next Friday 21st July.

Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Hogan Mawr

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   Sat 01 Jul 2017, 5:57 am

Am starting to worry as not lost any weight this week. Have been extra strict and even had a couple of days of near fasting due to having to have a colonoscopy & endoscopy. Lost 5 Kg 1st week then nothing. Anyone else done this? Husband is worried Op won't work if I can go a week without hardly putting anything in and not lose weight, whose to say eating little amounts will work for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?   

Back to top Go down

No weight lost 2nd week of Optifast ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: