Bowel movements post op

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laggy

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Bowel movements post op   Thu 29 Jun 2017, 3:16 am

My nutritionist recommended Benefiber.  To add it to my liquids such as optifast.  I find it helps.
Back to top Go down
Luna1976

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Bowel movements post op   Wed 22 Feb 2017, 2:56 am

Hi, I'm 20 days post op and I hardly ever go number 2.

In the first 2 weeks, I was going once every 3 days or so. When I started Puree foods 7 days ago, I had terrible diarrhea and had to take 2 immodium tablets. I've been constipated since then but finally went again today. Constipation was not painful for me, I just didn't feel the need to go.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bowel movements post op   Thu 02 Feb 2017, 11:41 am

Take a stronger course of action.

Depending on what your drinking, ie protein shakes should still make you do number two's.
Otherwise, I found soft mashed pears were much better than prune juice for me at the start.  I bought those packs of stewed pears, mashed them and ate them to help.  Until about 2 months down the track when I started adding psylium husk to my breaky!!
Back to top Go down
lones

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Bowel movements post op   Fri 27 Jan 2017, 8:23 pm

I am 12 days post op and never had any issues pre surgery with constipation but realise it is common post op.  Are most people having solid bowel movemnts while on a full fluid diet?  I had a small bm at day 5 and hadn't had anything since.  I am feeling very bloated and tender in abdomen iin last few days ? constipated.  I had a fair bit of prune juice last night which resulted in lots of wind and 2 very loose diarrhoea motions.  Could this be all that would be in there or just overflow and I need to take a stronger course of action??  I am still feeling the same way - some discomfort when i sit on my rear end and bloated. TIA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowel movements post op   

Back to top Go down

Bowel movements post op
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: