Share | 

Gastric Sleeve Operation in Public System in Sydney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wabster

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2016-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Sleeve Operation in Public System in Sydney   Tue 17 May 2016, 9:05 am

ozzyteddybear wrote:
I would love to hear to from anyone who can point me in the direction of a doctor or clinic that will allow me to go through the public system. I am happy to wait for the surgery but I would like to start this process.
Hi Robert,

I discussed the issue of access to bariatric surgery under the Public Health system in NSW with my GP a number of times over the last 6 years or so.

It is my belief that there is currently no public list for bariatric surgery here, like exists - I believe - in Victoria.

I eventually accessed some retirement funds and paid for it myself on May 3rd, two weeks ago today.

If you find anything to the contrary please let us all know as I kept an eye out for years hoping I could go public but in the end I couldn't wait any longer,

Cheerz Wabster (Mark)
Back to top Go down
ozzyteddybear

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-05-16

PostSubject: Gastric Sleeve Operation in Public System in Sydney   Tue 17 May 2016, 4:14 am

Good Afternoon

I am new here and I am seeking advice on how I go about getting the Gastric Sleeve Surgery? I have been on a number of diets and meal replacement diets but they only to work until I am no longer following them. I continue to eat salads and grill chicken or fish but this does not stop the weight from going back up.

I am now using the Optifast replacement meals and this is slowly working. I am determined to make it work and I am feeling positive about it. I am unable to exercise at the moment because I have a severe back injury and I am waiting on surgery for my back. I am hoping that this will take place in the next six month. After which I am lead to believe that I will be able to exercise and this will help with the weight loss.

I would love to hear to from anyone who can point me in the direction of a doctor or clinic that will allow me to go through the public system. I am happy to wait for the surgery but I would like to start this process.

Thank You
Robert
Back to top Go down

Gastric Sleeve Operation in Public System in Sydney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: The one for the Guys!-
Jump to: