Awesome! Thanks ladies :)
Back to top Go down
sezz

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Contraception prior to surgery   Sat 23 Apr 2016, 11:38 pm

Howdy ladies,
I met with the dietician last week and asked about being on the pill prior to surgery - she said it was fine. lol, i mainly asked since i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to swallow it after surgery! but i guess it's so small in comparison to the all those vitamin tabs we have to take :)
the only thing she mentioned was to advise them if i'm taking any blood thinning medications as i may have to stop them prior (have no idea what they are - so i'll google them - asprin maybe?). 
Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Contraception prior to surgery   Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:05 am

Nope.  Your fertility is likely to increase post op as you lose weight, and none of them want to see you pregnant post op when nutrition is likely to be low.

FWIW, I have a Mirena, and was taking high dose oral contraceptive pills, and surgeon was fine with that. There is increased risk of clots with OCP's - but, there is also increased risk with any surgery and being obese - so they will take all that into account, and will decide whether you will need extra things like injections to thin the blood or weird inflating stockings like i had post op.
Back to top Go down
Scaredbutgettingcommitted

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-04-15

PostSubject: Contraception prior to surgery   Fri 15 Apr 2016, 4:52 am

Hi ladies

I am just wondering if anyone was told to come off their contraception prior to the surgery? I haven't met with a surgeon yet and will obviously ask the question to them as well, I was just wondering what other people were told. I'm a bit worried that we'll have to go back to condoms for a few months pre and post-op if I do have to come off it .

I use Depo if that makes a difference - also has anyone found that it slows the weight loss post-op? I didn't even realise one of the side effects was weight gain - it hasn't been a noticeable problem for me so I never thought to question it. 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contraception prior to surgery   

Back to top Go down

Contraception prior to surgery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: