Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Msforgiven83

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when......   Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:51 am

First topic message reminder :

I am at the beginning of my journey, but I thought this would be fun.....I'll start :) 

You know you're a sleever when.....

- you do your grocery shopping at the chemist
- you find yourself identifying very strongly with the orphans from Oliver! 
- You spend your whole pre op diet period fantasizing over the good old days of weight watchers and atkins
- You spend more time at the chemist than you do in any other store
- You already have an ever growing list of rational, yet witty responses to those loved ones who, with all good intentions, give you the "isn't there another way" spiel
- you know the amount of protein in grams in every type of protein shake AND which ones are the best tasting :) 
- similarly you are an expert on the pros and cons of the regular optifast recipe vs the premium recipe
- You've tried the optifast soups with the steadfast hope that they just might be palatable enough to fool you into thinking that you're actually having a hot meal - and have been severely dissappointed
-  You have begun speculating which of your regular meals could possibly be pureed in a blender

Feel free to add others :) good for a giggle!
Back to top Go down
http://thelongweighhome.blogspot.com.au/

AuthorMessage
nightowl

Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when......   Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:49 am

ooh yes, I'm agreeing with the preop haunting of the chemist stocking up on optifast products. Also madly googling recipes to try to find some ways of making nearly 6 weeks of low fat low carb vegies more interesting.

now I'm nearly 6 months postop and down 38kg, my undies are falling down under my trousers. My bra cups are gaping. I'm wearing a polar fleece jacket inside my work office. And tonight I'm going to eat out with the family, and take my own plastic tub for the 2/3 of my meal I won't be able to fit in.
Back to top Go down
Msforgiven83

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when......   Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:48 pm

DayleD wrote:
Oh I love this...people should have plenty to add here, lol.

So, you know you're a sleever when...

• ...people laugh at you when you say 'oh, I ate too much'
  • ...your stomach is loudly joining in on the table talk after eating
  • ...you use terms like opti, sliders, sleevers and clexane
  • ...you look at your water bottle multiple times a day and think 'how am I ever going to...'
  • ...your undies fall down when walking around and the only thing holding them up is your trousers
  • ...thinking about going to the toilet is more constant than the actual doing

Lmao the stomachs one literally made me snort lol!!!!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when......   Sat 06 Sep 2014, 12:09 pm

Oh I love this...people should have plenty to add here, lol.

So, you know you're a sleever when...

• ...people laugh at you when you say 'oh, I ate too much'
  • ...your stomach is loudly joining in on the table talk after eating
  • ...you use terms like opti, sliders, sleevers and clexane
  • ...you look at your water bottle multiple times a day and think 'how am I ever going to...'
  • ...your undies fall down when walking around and the only thing holding them up is your trousers
  • ...thinking about going to the toilet is more constant than the actual doing
Back to top Go down
Msforgiven83

Female

PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when......   Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:51 am

I am at the beginning of my journey, but I thought this would be fun.....I'll start :) 

You know you're a sleever when.....

- you do your grocery shopping at the chemist
- you find yourself identifying very strongly with the orphans from Oliver! 
- You spend your whole pre op diet period fantasizing over the good old days of weight watchers and atkins
- You spend more time at the chemist than you do in any other store
- You already have an ever growing list of rational, yet witty responses to those loved ones who, with all good intentions, give you the "isn't there another way" spiel
- you know the amount of protein in grams in every type of protein shake AND which ones are the best tasting :) 
- similarly you are an expert on the pros and cons of the regular optifast recipe vs the premium recipe
- You've tried the optifast soups with the steadfast hope that they just might be palatable enough to fool you into thinking that you're actually having a hot meal - and have been severely dissappointed
-  You have begun speculating which of your regular meals could possibly be pureed in a blender

Feel free to add others :) good for a giggle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when......   

Back to top Go down

You know you're a sleever when......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Jokes and Games-
Jump to: