band to sleeve - dr ian martin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rolls73

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-11-26

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:13 am

Hi there. My sleeve is going great. I have not had any complications what so ever with my surgery. I did have my band removed about a couple of months before. I seen Dr Ian Martin a couple of weeks ago he was very pleased with my progress. I have now lost an amazing 49kg. Now it's time for me to get to the gym. Yes that's right I have not started any gym work yet so look out when I do. Please don't feel scared. I would recommend to see the doctor first as you know everyone is different when it comes to surgery. But from my experiences with surgery with Dr Ian Martin I can not 100% complain about anything even down to the staff at his office. Very very nice. Hope this helps. I will keep you posted in coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Naiz

Female
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:33 pm

gosh sorry I havnt looked at this for a while! how did your band removal go rolls ?? I actually had an appointment with George Hopkins and he terrified me about about going from a band to a sleeve because of leaks and being fed through tubes so I got scared and didn't go ahead with any of it, he advised me to have a gastric bypass done.. iv researched it and it really doesn't sound like the type of surgery I want and still really want to get a sleeve done, did you have your band out a couple of months prior ? have you had any problems at all since your surgery ?
Back to top Go down
Rolls73

Male
Registration date : 2013-11-26

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   Tue 26 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

Hi there.

I have seen Dr Ian Martin for the last 12 years. I have never had any issues with him with my surgeries. I had a Nissen fundo first. Then I had a band. Now I have had the sleeve done on the 13 November 2013 at the Wesley. I was a little nervous when I went in but when it was time I was ready to go. I was out of hospital the next day when I seen the doctor the next day he said everything went fine. I would recommend him to anyone. I was also in a room with another person who had a sleeve done by another doctor he could not believe I was going home he was a pain drip everything like that but I was fine. Going well I have lost 30kg since I started the optifast section & after the operation.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 3:31 am

Hi Naiz. I've never met him but I'm going to see him about WLS in two weeks today.

I'll let you know what happens.

I've never had a band though so I won't get any information about that.

Seeing you've been to him before....maybe you can tell me....is he okay to talk to or is he one of those who doesn't talk much?
Back to top Go down
Naiz

Female
Registration date : 2013-11-12

PostSubject: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:20 am

hi lovely people!! iv just decided to get the irritating band taken out and have a sleeve done aswell, I am going to go with dr ian martin at the Wesley, he also put my band in but I havnt heard to much on how he is with sleeves?? has anybody had him for a sleeve? was there any issues? im just a little bit concerned because I had a terrible infection around the port site after I was banded (which wasn't his fault but im still scared lol).. so any feedback would be great! thanks xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve - dr ian martin   

Back to top Go down

band to sleeve - dr ian martin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: